Saturday, June 14, 2008

BBB # 3 Race

The Briars Badlands Battle is the second MS State Championship race of the year. I was really going to use this race as just a training race...but when I saw that Kuppersmith was there, I knew that it was going to be on!

Not a huge turnout but we had 5 guys in my class so a small group. Went in the singletrack in 3rd position and moved around the fella in front of me after about a mile...and from there, I was chasing Kuppersmith...he was about :15-:20 seconds in front on me...the backside of this course is really open so I could see him most of the time, then after a short downhill I ran up on him. He said he wasn't sure if he was going right...he took a wrong turn on the last race we did...so from that point we roe together.

He asked me towards the end if we would roll the finish line together...I told him it was his, then he said he wanted me to take the V and he would push me across the line...I thought...OK!

It was hot...real hot...here are a few pics.


The chase was on...



B RAD was really hot...



Love the cowbells....worth the pain 4 sho...