Saturday, February 28, 2009

1st pre ride of the year...

and I hope its not some sort of foreshadowing of things to come...

the weather had been great for the last several days...so what do you think happens the morning of the pre ride...it pours rain...i mean enough to create 6ft long 3inch deep puddles...the only good thing is it's not nasty muddy crap on the bottom, just water...but the sand is the killer here...that's all the soil is...SAND.

so, brad and i do what we do...got suited up and went out for a ride. it was nasty fo sho...BUT with more folks, as we were the first to pre ride, ride the course today it should dry up and with no more rain, 20mph winds, and hopefully some sun, I;m sure things will be solid for the race tomorrow.

this race is a abnormal due to it being only about 45 minutes from the la casa. which makes it nice for when your bike is trashed and nasty and you need to give it some tlc and have her ready for the ride tomorrow.

The 09 campaign gets kicked off tomorrow. For some reason I am more pumped up about this year than in the past...I really don't even know why I'm so stoked...could be cause I've trained hard this off season and I'm ready to race, could be cause the new sponsor and the new rig "The Oiz", or could be cause I'm going back out on the rode for the SERC with B rad and the SERC's races are always such the epitome of southern grassroots xc mtb racing at it's best! I simply am fired up...

race report coming soon...probably Monday...I'm a slacker after hard efforts!