Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th weekend!

Good times....

Sometimes you have to be creative with the stories you tell your better half about biking...

For the 4th, my In Laws were heading to the beach for a few days...sounds like fun...but there were going to be 10 folks...8 adults, 2 kids...Fun...yes, comfortable...no, biking...no!

So, I decided I would try and get out of it and I did...while I was doing this maneuver, I began to make plans for a training weekend!

B Rad and I decided to head to the Nox and get some old fashion training on...

Camped out at Choctaw Lake Thursday and Friday...great facilities!

Plans were: Friday = 3 laps of the race course...34 miles, 3500 ft of climbing, 3:30 rt...great workout; Saturday = 24 mile loop, 2000 ft of climbing, 2:30 rt...another good workout!

Plans were hammered out just as planned! We did git some rain at the end of the ride on Saturday and while we packed up but no biggie...

Sunday, I decided to try out a road loop that I had been wanting to try out for awhile...Red Bluff!
It's an area that has great climbs and low traffic...Max and I left out after the Tour coverage went off...25 minute drive and off we were...unfortunately, we missed our turn and rode out to Monticello...ended up doing an out and back that was about 45 miles and about 2400 ft of climbing...going to redeem myself this up coming Saturday and going to try and do the entire lap!

No pics, wife had camera...I;ll get some this weekend!