Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anniston, AL SERC 8

The SERC race in Anniston, AL has become a permanent fixture on my racing schedule over the last few years...all though the course is not my favorite nor the kinda course I'm good at, I still really enjoy the pain! I really hadn't planned on doing it this year but was talked into going by Max and B rad...not much talking was needed. It was an awesome weekend with really perfect weather for this time of the year...considering on top of Cheaha Mtn you may really never know what mother nature is going to throw at you.

This year the course was a little shorter than last year but still very challenging! I was having a pretty good day from the gun...went into the woods about 7th, passed a few riders as they either went down or blew up...I even was able to climb fairly well, good enough to keep the leaders in sight...then things settled down...this dude from Atlanta Pro Bike and myself were yo yoing on the second and 3rd lap until my fucking chain broke...FUCK...i did have what i needed, popped in a quick link and was able to get back on the bike with only losing about 3 minutes...but I just couldn't ever get back into a rhythm...it really sucked...I had about 3 stumbles on the last lap which lost me several minutes and lots of energy...then, as I started the last climb, I realized I had knocked off my Garmin on one of the bobbles...I panicked...wasn't sure what to do...I got off the bike and thought...I've lost the race might as well go try and find it...then thought...hell I'll never find it...so I got back on the bike and finished up...7th place...BOO, should have been 5th!

Here are some pics to enjoy...I'll upload more when I can...

Max off the start!

Big Glenn form BOR...



B rad rounding the corner on lap one!


Our boy Betz on the podium in 4th

Max on the podium in 2nd!