Thursday, March 5, 2009

just a little recovery

coach has had me doing short rides with short burst of effort but mostly recovery pace. she also has me doing 3 strength training sessions that are mostly focused on core and stretching.

i headed out to the rails to trails to get the 30 min spin on...weather was about 68 degrees and sunny. the legs felt great! light and snappy...compared to Tuesday's ride the legs felt 100x's better.

as i got closer the the location of our local single track i noticed lots of smoke...
nothing like riding in a cloud of smoke...like puffing on a cig while riding...not fun!
this is a close up of one of the entrances to the trails...humm...good? bad? work...you bet!

I leave out tomorrow afternoon to head towards the 1st SERC of the year...Gainesville, FL! Weather looks great and I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. I have a short ride planned for Friday morning with some 90 sec efforts mixed in there for good measure.
Race report to come!