Friday, July 17, 2009

called out

by mother nature that is...just about at the mid way point of the ride the bottom dropped out. it poured rain...as wesson would say..."Frog choker"...and it was indeed. still had a good ride just a little more clean up to do...bike and body are muddy and water logged.

it's been a pretty chill week for me. nothing but hour long rides with no effort all week...some mtb some road...tomorrow is another LT test for me so that should be some solid effort laid down. then sunday is a little longer ride at 1.5hrs but still nothing big. Next week is a solid week though...several days with effort(hill sprints and tempo rides) as well as more time on the bike. All build up for Fontana's XC. I really need to have a good ride that day. Only 1 point separates me from second...lucky i have the lead but regardless, I'll need to have a good ride and some luck to stay on top.

I plan to change gears a little once that race is over. I think i'm going to slowly transition over to the my base training and have a long, extended base season. I will still do lots of tempo work but only short hard intervals on the weeks of the remanding xc races...just to remind the legs how to go that hard. I really need to improve my endurance...i tend to fade at the end of the races so i need to work on that...my speed is good...i just lose power towards the end of the day so that's what my focus is on.

always got to improve...