Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Ride 2008

Well...this is the first year in a long time that I didn't go to church on Easter. My wife and I just had our 3rd child...Charlie...so she wasn't going and the in laws wanted to take the other two...Carter and Caroline...I decided that I would get my church ride on and be home after the kids were back. I headed towards Purvis with a nice 15 mph tailwind so it made for a nice start.

Got to see the FEMA trailers that were never put to any use...

















this pic doesn't even do the size of this field justice, it's FULL of trailers...they have been there since about a month after Katrina.

I decided to roll thru my local state park...Paul B Johnson...only to find a dick a the gate wanting to charge me .50 cents to ride the 3 miles of road to the other side. At first I decided I would just ride back out and around but then I thought again...I went back asked to talk with the ranger. I explained that I had been riding thru this park for years and have never been asked for money to ride thru...he let me go but gave me a list of fees so I would be educated on what they charge for next time...don't think I will be making the trip that way any time soon. Hope this was worth it...
















You know as many times as I ride certain roads...because there fast, or have good climbs, good pavement, whatever...I always have my favs...




This little stretch of road is one of those. It's only about a mile long but I love it, maybe it's cause I use to ride it daily when I lived on Prince George.
Today was a good workout...50 miles, 2400 ft of climbing, 19 avg speed, avg hr 159...but something ain't right about that. My Garmin 305 that I love has been going haywire...my max hr today was 240...uh, no! I have to send it back this week.